Buying a Franchise
If you have been thinking about starting up your own business, you may have investigated the option of buying a franchise. This would allow you to use an established business’s trademark and products to open your own restaurant, hotel, store, or whatever you prefer. There are certainly advantages to opening a franchise, but there are also some downsides you will need to consider.
Before you make any major decisions like purchasing a franchise or opening a business, you may want to schedule a consultation with a Des Moines business lawyer. At LaMarca Law Group, P.C., our extensive experience and legal knowledge can help your business run smoothly. Call us at (877) 327-2600.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Franchise Ownership
Some of the positive aspects of operating a franchise include:
- The use of an established name, which can help you attract customers quickly
- Assistance from experienced business people (especially useful if you are new to management)
- A ready-to-go business plan, product, and advertising resources
However, franchise ownership is not right for everyone. Depending on your current circumstances, preferences, and past experience, you may not want to go this route. Some of the potential downsides of running a franchise include:
- Not being able to make your own choices about products, finances, or advertising
- Costs such as start-up expenses, and regular royalty and licensing fees
- Contract problems: the corporation may not keep their promises, or you may end up contractually bound to a job you are not enjoying
To reduce your chances of signing a misleading or unfair contract, speak with a qualified Des Moines business contract attorney before you sign anything.
Des Moines business franchise attorneys LaMarca Law Group, P.C. can help you with every step of opening a new business or franchise. Contact us at (877) 327-2600 for the assistance you need.