What Is Sexual Harassment?
Sexual harassment is a form of sexual discrimination that commonly occurs in the workplace. Sexual harassment continues to be a problem for work establishments, despite increased workshops and education on sexual harassment prevention and reporting.
If you are a business owner or part of a business management team you should work to create a workplace free of sexual harassment. By deterring and preventing sexual harassment you can avoid being involved in a legal dispute concerning illegal incidents within your establishment.
If you are facing a lawsuit or litigation for a sexual harassment incident which occurred at your place of business, it is important you get the assistance of an experienced legal professional. Contact the Des Moines business lawyers of LaMarca Law Group, P.C. today at (877) 327-2600 to speak to a practiced attorney about your options.
Forms of Sexual Harassment
There are many types of sexual harassment and many types of incidents which can constitute sexual harassment. These include:
- Any unwelcome non-professional attention or interaction between coworkers
- Any sexual discussion occurring between individuals that is unwanted by at least one member of the party
- Any physical contact or touching between coworkers that is unwanted
- Sexual assault
- Any employee using their managerial position or some other position of power to coerce a coworker into performing sexual acts
- Any individual who is affected by workplace conduct they deem offensive, even if they are not directly involved in the interaction
These are just some of the many forms of sexual harassment which can negatively impact a workplace and the relationships coworkers have. It is important to note these interactions can happen between anyone, and are not solely applicable to male/female or employer/employee interactions.
Sexual harassment is a serious legal offense that can damage not only the wellbeing of those involved in the case but the business owners and leaders involved as well. If you are facing involvement in a sexual harassment lawsuit you deserve the support and assistance of a legal professional. Contact the Des Moines business lawyers of LaMarca Law Group, P.C. today at (877) 327-2600 to speak to a qualified attorney about your situation.