Des Moines Shareholder Fraud Attorneys
Investing money is something most people do with caution. It takes a great deal of trust to invest money, because once it is done, that money is out of your control. These trust issues are only aggravated by the problem of shareholder fraud. If a company you have trusted with your money lies to you, it creates a false sense of security that can cause you to lose money in the long run.
Shareholder fraud occurs when a company’s employees withhold or misrepresent information in order to deceive the company’s shareholders. At LaMarca Law Group, P.C., we take pride in our dedication to our clients. We are committed to helping you seek financial restitution for shareholder fraud. Please contact our Des Moines shareholder fraud attorneys at (877) 327-2600 to discuss your situation in more detail.
The President’s Ten Point Plan
Under President George W. Bush, the following plan was introduced to help investors stay informed:
- Quarterly access to information regarding a firm’s financial performance
- Every investor gets prompt access to critical information
- CEOs are personally responsible for the information in financial statements
- CEOs cannot benefit from incorrect financial statements
- CEOs that abuse their positions should be prevented from holding any corporate leadership positions
- Corporate leaders must report when they have bought or sold company stock for personal gain
- A company’s auditors need to have the complete confidence of investors
- An independent regulatory board should double check accountants
- Authors of accounting standards must be mindful of the needs of investors
- Accounting systems should be compared with best practices, not minimum standards
Sadly, even with these regulations, many companies still find ways to defraud their shareholders, causing them to lose money and trust in the companies they have invested in. If you have been a victim of shareholder fraud, we can help you fight back.
The Des Moines shareholder fraud lawyers of LaMarca Law Group, P.C., are committed to helping you fight for the compensation you need for the damages resulting from shareholder fraud. Contact us today at (877) 327-2600 to see how we can help you.