Every business is unique. From the company name to the logo or slogan, it is important you take steps to help protect the originality and hard work that shapes many aspects of your company. When you put time and effort into the development of your business’ trademarks you have a right to legally protect those items.
If you are interested in protecting your trademarks and the unique components of your organization, the Des Moines business law attorneys at LaMarca Law Group, P.C. can help. Contact our office today at 1-(877) 327-2600 to speak to a knowledgeable attorney about your options.
Unregistered vs. Registered Trademarks
There are many components that distinguish a registered trademark from a registered one. These include:
- A registered trademark is registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- A registered trademark is marked with a ® symbol.
- If a trademark has this symbol, it cannot be copied by other organizations in the nation.
- Any intellectual property can be deemed an unregistered trademark.
- Unregistered trademarks are marked with the ™ symbol.
- Unregistered trademarks are determined and assigned by the company and developers of the intellectual property.
- Both trademarks are protected under the law.
When making the choice to protect your trademarks, there are a number of options to consider. Because of this, it can be very beneficial to get the support and assistance of a legal professional who has experience with business and trademark law.
The practiced Des Moines business law attorneys at LaMarca Law Group, P.C. can help guide you through the process of obtaining a trademark. Contact our office today at 1-(877) 327-2600 to speak to a friendly attorney about your situation.