Des Moines Healthcare Law Attorneys
Healthcare law involves the intricate, evolving system of laws, regulations and policies that govern our healthcare delivery system. Insurance and government reimbursement programs for healthcare providers are complex and involve not only contract analysis and interpretation, but also knowledge of both federal and state regulatory laws which impact all healthcare providers.
LaMarca Law Group, P.C. has Des Moines healthcare lawyers capable of counseling and leading its healthcare clients through this complex system to ensure that they achieve their professional objectives and receive the maximum reimbursement to which they are entitled. When litigation is necessary in order to achieve these results, our firm’s extensive litigation practice serves us well in presenting medical-legal issues in the required forum or courtroom. Call us at (877) 327-2600.
Our Experienced Des Moines Healthcare Attorneys
LaMarca Law Group, P.C.’s healthcare practice group combines experienced Des Moines healthcare lawyers from several areas, including: board certified litigation and professional liability attorneys; attorneys highly experienced in medical-legal matters; and business attorneys with MBAs who understand and can apply business practice acumen to the needs of healthcare providers. As a result, our healthcare attorneys are able to provide comprehensive representation in most aspects of healthcare law.
We have also developed professional relationships with a variety of healthcare practitioners, consultants, including financial advisors, accountants, economists, medical ethicists, scientific consultants and insurance professionals. As required by each matter, liaison and consulting with these professionals enhance the level of service to our healthcare clients.
Experience and Credentials
Our attorneys have assisted health care providers in preparing informed consents for a variety of medical tests and procedures. We have organized and formed professional corporations for both solo and group practices in a wide variety of medical specialties.
Both George A. LaMarca is board certified in medical malpractice by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys. He is a member of the American College of Legal Medicine. The firm’s members have authored a number of articles addressing medical-legal issues. They have also presented lectures on medical/legal matters to various legal and medical groups.
Cases We Have Handled
Some of the specific healthcare law matters our Des Moines healthcare law firm has undertaken include:
- Noncompete Agreements
- Severance Agreements
- Provider reimbursement issues
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Nursing home litigation
- EMTLA issues
- Formation of healthcare business entities
- Physician Recruitment Agreements
- Physician Practice Acquisition Contracts
- Contracts between healthcare partners
- Breach of contract litigation
- Compensation and bonus disputes
- Mergers and acquisitions by healthcare entities
- Anti-kickback and Stark Law issues
- Certificate of Need applications and ongoing compliance issues
- Medical malpractice insurance coverage issues
- Joint Venture Agreements for clinical and non-clinical services
- Estate planning for both new and established physicians and dentists
- Strategic liability planning and asset protection
- Employment Agreements for healthcare professionals
- HIPAA (medical records and patient confidentiality issues)
- Medical Staff, peer review and credentialing issues
- Healthcare facility and professional licensing and accreditation
- Iowa Board of Medical Examiners investigations, licensure and disciplinary proceedings
Health Law Scholarships
In 2008, the firm established the LaMarca Law Group, P.C. Health Law Scholarship at Drake University Law School. An initial endowment of $150,000 provides scholarships for worthy students interested in health law. This scholarship is designed to complement the Law School’s Law and Policy Center by attracting top students and producing legally trained graduates prepared to serve and participate on matters of public health and health care delivery.
In 2002, George A. LaMarca established the George A. LaMarca Trial Advocacy Scholarship at Drake University Law School. A total endowment of $225,000 funds scholarships to students who demonstrate an interest in the field of trial advocacy. Scholarship, financial need and participation in extra-curricular activities related to trial advocacy, such as Mock Trial or Moot Court, are co-equal factors in the selection of a recipient.
If your healthcare business needs any legal assistance, LaMarca Law Group, P.C. can provide a highly qualified Des Moines healthcare attorney. Contact us today at (877) 327-2600.